Powered By Blogger

Saturday 1 February 2014

FREE-DOM




Free-Dom
Domination of one kind of people,
Keeping this free idea off the hook…


We served sever pains,
So to get our own freedom…

Every day as I walked 
on the streets of Soweto,
I still saw those blood stains of our dead
Brother and sisters back in 1976….

And they want me to walk 
over the stains,
And finally say I am free?

My mind stuck in thoughts,
With a place in my heart to forgive
But not easy to forget…..

Denied standard education,
All we served was mental slavery….

No room to escape,
We just held on hoping 
for beter next time…

1994 we held on to democracy,
But still no freedom at all….

This whole oppression thing seemed
To be a tumor spreading 
amongst human systems…

We thought black on white 
was the only issue,
But today we witness 
black on black oppression…


No freedom in the presence of corruption,
No freedom where love come at a price,
No freedom if we fail to forgive and forget….

Yes! It is not easy to forget 
how hard they fought,
How hard they tried 
and how they were tortured
As they gave their last breathe…

Families left with widows and widowers,
Pain and sorrow 
were the only things left for us,
We cried with no help, 
things stayed the same,
No flux…..

We called for unity, 
but we always got voice mails,
Male voices in yellow vans 
shouting for the honor of death,
No mercy granted for poor blacks….

Peace to all those mercenaries 
which died for our survival wellbeing,
The world became our sanatorium, 
we recover from the concussion 
that we had….


After all that we tried hard for,
The tears we shed,
The loudest screams we had….

Still.
There is no freedom that I see,
This is the beginning of 
my own struggle…


The beginning of war and 
I’m ready to fight,
For what I call my FREEDOM

#WORD!!







                      

No comments:

Post a Comment