Powered By Blogger

Saturday 1 February 2014

SKEEM SAAM



A name we use to call each other,
A name that made the bond stronger.
A name, not just to call
But accompanied by love and happiness

We are siblings connected to umbilical cords
Coming from the same womb of hard work

Tough situations came, she was there
Impregnant with fears
I was her morning after pill

She was not just any friend from school,
She outreached to my dissatisfactions

Gave me love as a sister,
Deep within she knew all
My insufficiencies

For every goal to be reached,
We gave each other support, pressure
And we were resistant to the jealousy disease 

Nights crossed,
Hard work,
Play time, Rest is her middle name
And I kept my fingers tapping keys overnight

We seemed to be distinct from others,
Nerdy, Smarty
All those names we were given

Only to find out,
The first ingredient is prayer
Followed by faith and hope

Rovha ri zwivhotshwa zwa fulufhelo
Khothoni dza u bvelela

Cherished moments of our 5 months
Relationship, I can write a book
One of the best friends
I’ve ever met

Proudly speaking, I stand to replace
The “SHE” with her name
Tshilidzi


A girl from Venda
With no strings attached
Except the African roots she planted on her head

A priceless smile,
A girl with an inverted vision
So real with a passion for success

Today we wear soulistic Chuck Taylors,
Owning the planets
We are ALLSTARS

We are born to win
SKEEM SAAM


#WORD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment