Powered By Blogger

Friday 21 March 2014

BITTER TOMMOROW (Titled by: MOKETE MOW LEDWABA)


People always tell me how to
Build the future ahead,
But whenever I think of my
Short comings, I wish tomorrow
Can be my yesterday and today
Would be the day before,
So I would not have to taste the
Bitterness that’s coming my way.

I never thought things will
End up looking this bad,
Maybe I was spoon fed to
An extend where I forgot that
One day I have to look the world
Straight into its eyes, face to face.

Phase to phase,
Yes things keep on changing.
And my life seem to be falling
Into the hands that fail to hold me.
I was told to read between the lines,
But my visions were always a nightmare,
So through the dark, I could not
See what’s right from what’s wrong.


If only I could turn back
The hands of time,
I’d enjoy staying forever young
And avoid witnessing the corruption
By his majesty Jay-Z.
How does one build a future
Without stepping stones?
Books are dumped in bushes,
Poor kids, we are learning
With empty stomachs.

Today, tomorrow, together is
Just a slogan for another
Money marketing scheme, but
Behold we are left broke.

So today we may cry,
Tomorrow, taste our bitter tears,
And together we have to win this battle.
So as the sunrise, let’s hope not
To drink from the same stream
As yesterday.






No comments:

Post a Comment